Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Success- Michael Johnson

Straight up the most buck wild thing I've experience in the world of comics. My jaw dropped. It took me a second to realize what was going on and wow I was shocked. Success by Michael Johnson is a comic opera. Yeah. Take that as you wish. I do not what to give too much away because I want any new reader to be as surprised as I was. I have seen music employed in online comics before but never like this. This is a really interesting, contemporary take on the genre but I think it works? Fun home by Alison Bechel was turned into a musical so why not just cut out the middle man and make a comic that is also a musical (this style of comic with Fun Home would be so cool btw). I think this really explores what can be done with comics and I would love to see more of this in the future.


Link to Success:

http://www.successcomic.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment