Tuesday, December 4, 2018

The Nikopol Trilogy

I browsed a couple of comic on the resources page but the cover of this really caught my eye. This was unlike any comic I had ever read. The style looked similar enough for to American comics but the writing shocked me. The dialogue was so long! I honestly could not follow it at some points. It took graphic novel to a whole other level. It was really interesting to read something so in depth that also had just as detailed visuals. Reading such a political story in such an outlandish, sci-fi context was also really jarring but I think it worked well, because politics can be so universal. It was fun to see the news article titled "the Pope is Dead!" or "Women Liberated at Last" and then to see the context it was reflective of.

No comments:

Post a Comment